Monday, October 12, 2015

if only i could freeze time...

these precious little arms have already gotten bigger. 

I remember when I took this photo. 
Of course I do, it wasn't too long ago. 
We took a little bike ride to the park near our home. 
We had a picnic lunch packed. We did this knowing a storm was in store, so we 
took an umbrella with us. We sat on the cool grass. We watched the ants carry crumbs in a straight line. We munched a little. We chatted a lot. We played on the tire swing and I watched her climb the stairs to the big slide. I prayed she wouldn't get hurt. She smiled and laughed. 
It was kinda like a story book...or a movie. Because REALLY it was perfection. 
Its the kind of moments in life we all want but finding them sometimes takes more time than it should. I  didn't want this day to end. I snapped a photo knowing I wanted to remember this forever. And not just in my mind. 

 Then the rain came. We opened our umbrella and sat under it while the drops fell on us. IT WAS PERFECT. We enjoyed the quick shower. We let the water hit our feet.

 I wish we could go back to that minute. It really wasn't that long ago but my heart aches for it. The time goes by so quickly. As much as I LOVE watching my babies grow up and seeing the wonderful people they are becoming, it hurts to see these chubby hands get thin. Its difficult, truly difficult to not have my little ones cupped in my arms and swaddled by my chest this same way. Don't think I don't try! Because oh yes I do! I scoop my darlings up like babies more than I should admit ;) I can't help it. I LOVE them. All the crazy that comes with parenthood is peanuts compared to the joys of being with these little people. 

So while these little arms don't wrap around me like this anymore, its okay. 
It doesnt mean they don't wrap around me at all. 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment