Thursday, October 1, 2015

seasoning recipes...

I am a BIG healthy eating chick. yes i eat a LOT of sweet treats, too. The ingredients in the food I eat are for the MOST part researched by my incredible sister or myself. You are what you eat, right? Well, there are some things I just MISS so terribly that I want but refuse to buy. Like ranch dressing. The powder mix, mostly. And almost every other dressing flavor packets, for  that matter. They are so handy to put onto of meats and such for scrumptious dinners!  But, the amounts of MSG in those make me want to vomit, among other things. Top Ramen. Sloppy Joe mix. Mrs. Dash. These are all friends I can't invite into my house. So I have found my OWN ways of having these delicious flavors without the harmful imngredients! With help from things I have looked up online, I have mixed and mingled my scrumptious spices and seasonings to make delicious meals for my family! Creole seasoning,  mock mrs. dash, taco seasoning, and my newest italian dressing! I don't have to order online from fancy expensive places and have seasonings shipped to me...I can make them on my own :) and they are organic, too!

here are a few of my FAVORITES!


Italian Dressing

1 TBS of each 
Garlic powder, onion powder, white sugar, dried parsley, salt

1 tsp of each
black pepper, dried basil

2 TBS dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp celery salt

mix in a  jar.

in a separate jar mix 1/4 cup white vinegar, 2/3 cup olive oil,
2TBS water and 2 TBS of your mix. shake it, shake shake it. shake it shake shake it. shake it shake shake it. shake it like a polaroid picture.




Taco Seasoning

1/4 tsp crushed red pepper, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp dreid oregano, 1 1/2 tsp cumin, 1 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp onion powder. 1 tsp black pepper 1/4 tsp garlic powder and 1 TBS chili powder.  i use this on so many things!! mix it with some sour cream even!




Mock Mrs. Dash
3tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp rosemary
1 tsp oregano
1 1/2 tsp savory (you don't have to use this)
1 tsp marjoram
1 1/2 tsp parsley
1 1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp thyme





Creole Seasoning
2 1/2 TBS paprika
2 TBS salt
2 TBS garlic powder
1 TBS black pepper
1 TBS onion powder
1 TBS cayenne pepper
1 TBS dried oregano
1 TBS dried thyme

store in a n air tight jar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment