Tuesday, October 6, 2015

you don't have to be a professional...

You guys. Theres have been SO many times when I think, "I'm going to get back into running!" Or maybe I'll think about yoga, or running the stadium steps. Take up a spin class at the gym! 

But something stops me. Maybe  family duties. Maybe I get lazy. Or maybe I want to spend my time visiting with a pal. Sometimes I find myself unmotivated to start because I think I'm not strong enough. I feel like if I go into spin class or the Zumba class I won't be able to keep up...and thats intimidating. It really is. 
Let me say this, I find peace and happiness in a couple things in the fitness world. Running and yoga. 
If I want to pick them back up again, I find myself doing these things ALONE. On my own. Sporadically. I have had a running buddy before. And I love my stadiums girls! And honestly, one day soon I hope to do that spin class. I know I will be that slower girl in the back. But until then, I take a bit of time for myself, by myself, doing whatever makes me feel good. Its not a workout with instructions. Its not written down. I don't have a trainer or a video or a clock. I just do my own thing. And feel good about it. I'm NO professional fitness gal. I don't lift weights. I don't know what each muscle is called. I don't know each pose in yoga...and half the time I'm pretty sure I'm not doing them right. But I get myself out and moving and stretching. I find happiness in knowing I'm not a professional...and thats okay. 



No comments:

Post a Comment