Thursday, August 13, 2015

back to school blues...

I had been SO excited about school starting...hello read my last post. 
We had outfits laid out. Supplies bought. Shoes by the door.  
The girls lunches were packed and their bellies were filled with warm breakfast. 
Every hair was in its place. 
Shirts were tucked in, belts were on. 

I had a list of FUN and EXCITING things I was looking forward to doing the second I got home from dropping my babes off at school: 

mop kitchen floor (yeeeees!! so excited about this!!)
vacuum the floors
DUST!! oh happy day I can dust!!
I GET to wash and fold all the laundry!!
yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
 Don't worry about the dishes girls...I'll do them!!
Water my plants, clean the garage, vacuum my car out,
 I even DREAMT about my car being washed.
My closet needs a cleaning, diabetic supplies need to be ordered,
sheesh I might even paint my nails!

I WAS SO EXCITED!!

Then we pulled up to the school. 
As I said good bye to my 7th grader who wanted to walk in alone, my heart broke.
 She kissed her mama, and  
with an apple in her hand, I watched her walk down the hall. 
Boo.
Then I took my precious {L} to her class. 
Ew. 
I can't even tell you how badly I wanted to cry. 
I don't want to leave her!
She put her things away, gave her teacher an apple and smiled as she went to her desk. 
I kissed her a  few (hundred) times ...not wanting to leave, but as I did, she smiled. 
She was so happy! 
Then it was time for my darling {D}, who is just like her mama on
 a first day of anything...bashful. 
CRAZY because she is my social butterfly! 
But just like her mama she needs to feel it out...see where her 
safe zone is. When I dropped her off, she saw her 
best good friend and her annoying old classmate. Instant irritation. 
But she shook it off, hugged her BGF, handed and apple to her teacher, 
took a quick photo, kissed her mama and sat down in her seat with confidence. 
All was well.

And then I took my FRESHMAN to school. 
Ew. 
Gag me with a spoon. 
How in the world did my baby get to high school??
I am SO glad she let me take her to school! 
And lucky her, I made her late!!
(ten points off my cool mom meter)
She was a bit nervous. 
She has seminary first so I kept telling her she would be fine. 
When we pulled up she didn't know where to go in. 
SO! Lucky lucky me!! I got to WALK her in!!! 
haahahahahahaha!!! 
I was SO excited!!
I opened the first set of doors...Then told her to come in. 
I opened the second set of doors and told her to follow...she was so hesitant.
I hid by the door of her classroom. You could hear the teacher talking. 
He was really happy and friendly.
 I looked her and said with a smile telling her she's got this, "I love you. Have a good day." 
She literally took a deep breath in and smiled. 
Then I heard her sweetest voice say, "Are you Brother {S}?" 
He said yes and to come on in! She calmly asked 
if she needed to sit somewhere specify and he said, "close."
 I couldn't see what she did, but when I left I snapped a photo of 
my baby girl...who just entered her first day of high school. 
Again, how did this happen? I JUST was holding her in my arms 
in my soft maroon rocker. I was JUST running my thumb 
across her chubby olive cheeks. 
She JUST learned how to say mama when she wanted me, and now she will 
be learning a completely new language. She will be helping 
students her age find hope and light in their lives as she is part of the youth 
counseling group at her school. She will be attending dances, and making 
new friends and finding her true self. She will be tempted and heartbroken and grow 
and learn and in four short years she will be driving away with my heart. 
I have looked forward to this as much as have dreaded it. 
As a parent we all know the day will come when they will leave...they will 
be old enough to take the lessons we taught them at home and soar.
 But man. This morning was rough. 
This morning was supposed to be exciting and happy and full of fresh starts. 
And for my girls it was! I am so happy for them and the great things they
 will learn and great school they attend. But, this morning was also a bit sad... for their mama. 
These children are my WHOLE world.  They are my meaning. I am drowned in the title MOM and I love it. All the parts of it. Even on a bad day I wouldn't trade places with anyone. 
So, as I look around my home, without anyone screaming or asking for something, just all by myself, 
 it heavy reminder that time flies when you are having fun. 
                                  
                                               And we sure have had a lot of fun so far. 










No comments:

Post a Comment