Thursday, August 6, 2015

Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself...

I'm loving this quote today.

Because let me be honest, I started anew instagram with the hopes of showing what its REALLY like being a mom and everyday I wonder how I can show myself without sounding like a fake but also showing that I REALLY love being a mom. There are SO many GREAT and amazing things  that come with the job...hello. Why else do we choose to do this over and over, right? BUT there are also so many REAL frustrations and obstacles we face each do, as well. There is beauty in  being a mom FOR SURE. There is also so much mess and struggle.  I wanted to tap into both sides. Not wanting to rip apart the struggles and sound like a hag, but also not sticky glamorize the calling it is to be a mom. Because NO ONE needs to feel like dirt while looking through others seemingly perfect lives. the is no need to compare  (although I AM completely inspired somedays by the moms who do ONLY show the joys of motherhood). No need for competing. and yet we do it all day. We compare. We wish. We beat ourselves up. i have down days. I have embarrassing moments. I make mistakes. But, honestly, I have a WHOLE LOT of good. My life is great. My children are wonderful and obedient (for the most part) and kind and thoughtful. My husband is a babe and the greatest friend I have. He takes all the different moods I have aaaaaaand his kisses like my very own prince charming ;)

 I have passion for certain things.

There are things i would never do.

I make judgements every single day about things, places and people.

I say things I regret.

I have uninvited lessons that I learn from.

I am human. i'm not perfect. There are people that don't like me at all and you know what I'm pretty sure there are people that do like me. I'm glad for both kinds of people. I have moments of insecurity and moments of pure bliss. The reality and raw-ness I wish to portray is this: a mother who is REAL doesn't have to be miserable. She doesn't have to be drawing in a sea of diapers and parent teacher conferences and have a messy house (although this is very real, too). She can be dressed up or she can sport pajamas. She can LOVE spending time with her children or she can want an entire day of time out for herself. She can want to cuddle and smoother her lover boy and then sometimes really think he is the pits! Reality isn't glossy perfection everyday, be reality also CAN be.

The bottom line is to love yourself. Be yourself. And forgive yourself and let yourself be exactly who it is. If you are a chameleon like I am, who can dress up and dress down, smile, cry, scream , laugh, frown, sing, sit in bed all day AND be the PTA president...then be that! THIS is my reality. THIS is my raw. This is ME.













 
oh wait. that last one is my grandma. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment