Monday, August 10, 2015

but but but...she's my BABY...

I SWORE I wouldn't be one of "those moms" that treated their last child like a baby all their life. I wouldn't  spoil. I would hold that child to the same standard and expectations I have for my other children. I wouldn't carry my "baby" on my hip until then were 12. Or until my back gave out...which ever came first. I swore I wouldn't baby talk to them, let them sleep in my bed until they couldn't fit anymore or even look at them differently than my other children.

D word. 

I have been eating my words for the past 6 years. Well, most of the last 6 years. 

This ADORABLE baby was placed in my arms and I just didn't know what the above paragraph meant anymore! 

She was perfection. Her fat cheeks. smoochy lips. Beautiful pink soft skin melted me.
 We chose to have our other three daughters with us while I was in labor with out sweet {L}. 
A decision I will NEVER regret. I honestly wish we had done this each labor. 
She was OUR baby. We ALL adored her and protected her and 
took care of her. 

Her huge round blue eyes told me how much she trusted and loved me. 
Her sweet snuggles told me she would always want me.
When she slept on my chest at nights I KNEW she would be my BABY forever.

caca. 
it happened. 

I was that mom.

can you blame me? 

At least a few mornings a week, I find her in my bed.
When she gets out of school, my arms are wide open for her to run into. 
When she's hurt I worry deeply. 
And yes, MANY nights this girl gets sung to sleep, by her daddy, by her big sisters that love her or by her mama that is wrapped around her finger. 


Please know, I DO hold her to the same expectations as her sisters. I feel; like it would be crippling not to. And I DO punish her when she makes mistakes.
AND I LOVE ALL my daughters the same amount...just different ways and different reasons. 
{L}'s just happens to be because she our teeny one ;) 

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment