Wednesday, August 12, 2015

yes. these are my natural curls...

It's a curse and a blessing. 

Natural curly hair.

Its the fastest hair to do.
Wet hair, brush, gel/mousse, 
air dry. GO.

Its beautiful. It's full of volume.
It's soft. It's unique.




but hey guess what. 

It's also frizzy. Tangly. Messy. 
And sometimes quite out of control!
Some of us curly girlies have loose curls. Some of us have tighter curls. 
Your curls dictate the amount of stress of frustration 
you will experience through out your life.

  But I HAVE to say it.
YES. 
We curly girls have the best of both worlds. 
We have the quick hair. The natural "beach waves" hair. 
We have the full/volume hair. 
AND we can have straight hair. 
AND we can have straight hair with curling iron curls. 

BUT we have frizzy hair. getting my hair to straighten/straighten 
with curling iron curls takes TIME. 
And arm strength.
AND product. 

BUT the result is GREAT!!
AND if you are like me and don't have much oil or sweat... 
I won't have to do hair have fully for 5 days!!
Touch ups, for sure...but maybe a few minutes :)


{Fave products}

For a curly day:
wash and condition my hair with 
Suave Professionals Natural Infusions
(I'm in love with the Macadamia oil White Orchid scent)
This brand is dye and paragon free and I LOVE that. 

Then i usually just add some gel, 
preferably my 
Fructis Style Pure and Clean 24 hour clean hold gel.

On a straight day I have a TON of options. 
Wash then dry using a round brush...I want the volume. 
I ALWAYS use a root booster and also an aerosol heat protectant.
Then I go straight to my Hot Tools 1 1/2" curling iron. 

If its CRAZY goofy I'll use a serum to help but I NEVER put it on my roots.

my VERY favorite hair spray is Aussie Sprunch!!


smells like sweet heaven. 


xoxo




2 comments:

  1. I have straight hair but 2 of my four daughtets are curly girls. I'm going to try some of these products! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi kelsie! It can be tricky getting used to our daughters curls, can't it?! I bet they are adorable! Curly girls gotta stick together! ;)

    ReplyDelete