Thursday, August 6, 2015

blueberry banana popsicles...


Finding a sweet cold treat in the summertime that DOESN'T have harmful ingredients like Red 40 or high fructose corn syrup or carrageenan (to name a few) and in a price range that makes me feel good is TOUGH! Costco had a GREAT sale on a box full of delicious organic fruit pops, sooooo, I bought 3 thinking it would last awhile. Yeah no. They were so scrumptious and sweet they were gobbled up by my babes and our favorite friends in a few short weeks. 

 I went to back to get more and they were GONE! Like GONE gone. Like they don't carry them anymore. WHAT? Boo. 

So, I found a new box of beauties that they offered. BUT even on sale they were PRICEY beauties and I wasn't about to buy a ton of those to shower the neighborhood with (sorry peeps). i DID buy a box because they looked DELICIOUS, but those are special popsicles ;) 

So i was on to my next idea...making my own. But not just with organic juice poured into molds, which works, too. But,  I wanted something extra tasty. So i took some of our frozen fruit/berries, almond milk and Breyers Natural Vanilla ( milk, cream, sugar, tara gum, natural flavoring) and whipped it in a blender. Holy crumb cake!! I was SO pleased with my concoction :)  And  my girls LOVED these babies!! We made watermelon smoothie pops. Mixed berry pops. Blueberry pops (these were made with JUST blueberries and almond milk), strawberry banana smoothie pops and my very favorite blueberry banana milkshake pops. (drooling)
Would you like the recipe (its so easy I'm sure you don't need it)?

Here it is:


BLUEBERRY BANANA MILKSHAKE POPS

about 1/2 a cup frozen blueberries
1 ripe banana (my was a little brown)
1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream
and at least 1 cup of almond milk (obviously you can do any kind of milk)
i whipped this up and tasted it. add whatever you think you would need. maybe a little more milk to make it thinner? more ice cream to make it sweeter and thick? its not rocket science :)
enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment