Thursday, August 13, 2015

yes...yes i AM glad school is starting...




not gunna lie. I LOVE summer break. I LOVE sleeping in. I LOVE vacations. 
I love slower days. i LOVE spending time with my babes. I LOVE playing in the water.

I also LOVE routine, a clean house and my sanity ;)

 I really REALLY love that I get to spend time with my children BUT geeeeeeeeeez!! 
This summer felt like my girls were determined to see how crazy they can make me!! ;)
EVERY morning was the question,
"what are we going to do today??"
And MOST mornings I had a plan for them.
But, other days I honestly would pretend I was still asleep until they said my name 10 times...and I would respond with, "NOTHING. We are laying in our beds all day watching the television."
(I wish that would have been true).

And now that summer break is done, I'm a tiny bit sad I didn't take them to the lake MORE. Or get to the national park near our home MORE. Or ride bikes everyday. I'm sad that I didn't let them play outside until dark EVERY night. 
But guess what, kiddies?? 
When you wake your mom up before 8 am EVERYDAY and she totes you around and plans and plays and prepares meals and makes your life grand...by 8 PM she is EXHAUSTED.

 There was honestly a week or two this summer when I felt literally DRAINED of everything. 
I felt stretched and pulled and forced and overwhelmed. Done. 

SO. Yes. I am glad that school is in session. 



For the next little while at least...
then I'll be overwhelmed with the 
homework and wish it was summer again. ;) 




No comments:

Post a Comment