Saturday, August 15, 2015

breakfast...

good morning monday!!
okay i have a delicious most SCRUMPTIOUS blog for you today. 

Breakfast is probably my fave food. 
:)
that and cake.

I LOVE waffles, scrambled eggs (with tomatoes), bacon (or faken) 
biscuits and gravy, sausage, oatmeal with ice cream, cream of wheat, cheerio's, yogurt and granola, toast with sunny side up egg flopped on top, pancake and whipped cream with berries,  you name it...I love it. 
BUT I am such a picky pancake eater.
I can't love a plain old pancake. 
And don't even THINK about putting some chocolate chips 
in the batter and telling me they are better (gag).

There is ONE and ONLY pancake I LOVE. Like I love this pancake so much I crave it, will go to the restaurant  ALONE, order it, eat it and feel complete.




 Black Bear Diner.
That D word pancake!
I LOVE IT!
 I have searched high and low for that recipe and I CANNOT find it! 
Please don't ask if I have searched pinterest. YES. I have wasted plenty of ingredients and time trying those recipes. 
 I have mixed and mixed trying to get it!
(if one of you happen to be reading and actually KNOW the recipe ...PLEASE! give a girl a break and leave it to me in the comments!)

Until the beautiful glorious day when I receive the ACTUAL recipe...I will say this.
By pure accident...I think I can now make something thats the CLOSEST I have come to a BLACK BEAR pancake!!
(angels sing)

wanna know how we do it??
okay :)



We didn't have enough plain old add water to the mix pancake mix (Krusteaz) one morning...SO, my genius brain said...just add a box of Jiffy Cornbread mix to the bowl. Add the egg. Add the milk. Mix it. pour it. Flip it. 
Devour. 


And I'm not the mom that gives her kids syrup...instead we opt for whipped cream and sprinkles. 
BUT we DO have a scrumptious syrup recipe I let them eat once in awhile. Trust me. The sugar in this makes up for all the other many times they don't get it. 






Make Shift Black Bear Diner Pancakes 

I like my Krusteaz pancake batter a bit runny...like box cake batter kind of runny. So I usually start out with about 1 1/2 -2 cups of powder mix and add water until I get desired runny-ness. 

To that add this:

1 Box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 egg
1/3 cup milk



mix. pour. flip. eat. :) 







Almost Carmel Syrup
(aka expoding syrup)
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup buttermilk (regular milk works, too)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp Karo syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 TBS baking soda.



Melt butter in a pan. Anything bigger than a sauce pan works. Mix in milk ,sugar and karo syrup. Bring to a boil. 
Add vanilla and stir. 
Then add the baking soda. It will bubble up pretty good! This is why a bigger pot is good news :) 

Let it sit for minute then enjoy :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment