Friday, September 18, 2015

Beauty in bulk...

My body. My actual insides. I literally grew a human in my insides.
My sleep.
My comfort. My physical being was not the same. And there wasn't much I could do about it...I couldn't make it stop...just find a way to make it easier.  I shared my actual comfort for a tiny growing baby.
I shared my taste buds. The food I ate.  My favorites were off the table. And the most disgusting were now glorious ideas of Heaven. Taste buds now belonged to whatever the little one needed.
My eye sight was worse, my teeth were weakened. I think I have a filling for each one of my children. My sense of smell was heightened to limits I never knew were possible. Emotions. Limitations. My entire SIZE was changed...so to be able to bring a new human into this world. I first shared my body.

My lady parts. The once private hush areas on my body were now shared with...too many. Doctors thought it was a regular occurrence and nothing to be bashful about. Uh yeah. No that wasn't how I felt. I used those things to get that baby out...and to feed it. Feeding all the time. When ever needed. You ask, baby, you get. Dillard's dressing room, pulled over in a church parking lot, whenever, wherever.

You would think that was the end of this post, that to get a baby into the world you loose some of you to actually GAIN a different piece of yourself. That your body is stretched and pulled and changed and torn apart all in the name of the human race. But oh no. You see this blog is about SHARING. Because sharing is caring, of course. And the more you share the better you feel. The happier you are! These are things I have taught and still teach my children daily.

Welp. Lemme tell you a bit about sharing...with four other chicks.
It stinks.
 I mean I LOVE to make sure my girls have everything they need and even want. They are fully taken care of. Piano lessons, guitar lessons, dance classes, horse riding lessons, basketball teams, softball teams, soccer teams, clothes, toys, books, boots, every color flat shoe you can imagine, blankets, balls games, movies. They are taken care of.

But lemme just say over the years, I have had a certain amount of spending money. Money that is used for extra things. And over the years as I gain another gorgeous baby girl, I lose a bit of my spending money. Instead of choosing a darling pair of skinnies for myself and a new watch or pair of shoes, I was weeding out what I "didn't really need" so I could get my little ones something I thought was too cute to pass. That amazing purse I really had my eye on and look! It even went on sale! Oh my gosh I HAVE to get that now! Wait, daughter {s} could sure use a new pair of shoes for church. And {E} said she wanted a new book to read. And {L} is potty training soon...I should get her a new pack of unders. Good bye, dear handbag with a perfect amount of pockets and zippers. Your gorgeous navy blue color had me the second I laid eyes on you. But you know, I'm sure I'll find another one just like you soon :)
Yeah right.

Lets talk about my girl {D}. Boy oh boy. She is ALL girl. And that means shopping is her middle name.  That girl looses her mind when she is given a chance to pick something! And she CAN'T ever pick just one thing. Its always a battle deciding. Its always a struggle. There are almost always tears. Legit tears of frustration. She just CANT decide! Poor girl. Poor mama. Oh dang...her poor husband ;)  Confession: Sometimes I find a way to get her more than one thing because I, too, love dressing that girl up :)

And thats the problem...I LOVE those girls! Dressing them is half the fun of have daughters! That means more sharing. Sharing money for things.

And then they get older and it's sharing MY actual clothes that I sparsely had collected throughout the years. No bus stains on these jeans! No grass marks. No holes. Just clean pressed grown up clothes... that aren't from old navy. Yep, those. Those are the ones my babes have their eyeballs set on. And make up. Oh the joys of teaching your daughters how to properly apply makeup. Let me tell ya, once you start its all down hill from there. Mascara blush bronzer tweezers eyebrow pencil you name it they want it. Its has gotten to a point now, that when I find a pair of tweezers I LOVE, I buy three pairs. Because I KNOW my girls are going to want them, too. And I want them to have the best...so I buy beauty in bulk. And if you're lucky enough (sarcasim), your shoes will also become their shoes. Because, "Mom I don't have ANYTHING to wear," at the last minute before school starts tends to happen more often than not and that leads them to YOUR closet.

I remember how devastating it was on school days when I would try on six outfits before I threw in the towel! "I'm not going to school," was the solution everythime. But that really didn't fly with my mom. So I HAD to figure it out. And being the 5' 6" girl that I was/am and my mother being 4' 11" sharing her clothes wasn't an option. So I have major sympathy for my girls AND like I said before...sharing is caring, why wouldn't I share with my precious girls? :/

Now, my girls know that there are a few things that are major off limits. Sorry, babes, Thats a no. And that helps me feel like I actually have something of my own. I think thats a good thing. But man alive...I'm sure this is just the beginning. I have four rounds of this. Dont get me wrong...its my entire lives joy to take care of my babes.  I KNEW that once I got pregnant the first time, my life was not my own anymore. I knew i would forever put someone else before myself EVERYDAY. With every decision. With every choice. But some of this stuff was NOT in the cliff notes version of What To Expect When You're Expecting. ;)


















No comments:

Post a Comment