Monday, September 21, 2015

love story...

We all have our very own love story...well this is mine. Well its OURS. Mine and my husbands. Its goes a little something like this.

 I was married for two years. It was just enough time to conceive two children. After 2 years, for reasons I won't post on the world wide web today, I left. I was out. I was now a single mother of two. 
I was living the dream, raising two babes on my own, dating some dude that didn't want to marry me and working my tail off everyday trying to make money and NOT put my babies in day care. 

Yeah thats not living the dream, guys. One day, while...living the dream, I was headed to my grandmas house. About a block away from my home my car broke down. I pulled over and popped my hood. I didn't know what was wrong but my dad taught me a few things...so I was doing my best to figure it out at that moment. Thats when a wonderful couple pulled over and helped me. Thankfully, the man knew what he was talking about. He quickly fixed me up and I was on my way!
 I spent the day with my grandma, headed home, picked up my laundry and was off to my moms. After a few hours I was back on the road, again, to go home. Same street, opposite side of the road, I broke down again. MAN ALIVE! What was I going to do? I was just around the corner from my home...why here? Why right now? I thought, at least I was close enough to walk home with my babes. 
I was about to get out when the SAME car drove by, this time with a cute guy in the back seat. His head was hanging out the window as they starred at me. They turned around. My heart began to race! I had candy wrappers on the front seat!! Hurry! Clean that up! I looked at my babies to make sure they were okay and BAM! In my face! The same man and this cute boy were there to help. The man had me pop the hood. He and the boy looked around and started talking to each other. The boy said it was my fuel injection. I laughed so hard in my mind!! Listen to this little guy talk like he knows what he's talking about!! hahahahahah!! Then he gave me a look like, "Hey baby. How you dong?" I about died...of laughter! Who was this kid?! Ew. 

They fixed me up again, and then followed me to my house so I was safe. The ONLY reason I let them follow me home is because they were in my ward (religious  group of people that meet at church at the same time in the same geographical boundary). They waved goodbye and I said thanks!

Oh heavens. This boy was sweet to my eyes but he sure thought he was all that! Funny thing, that boy waited for me week after week to arrive at church so he could talk to me. I was always LATE so he never got the chance. :) 


Finally, one sunday, the boy found me in the hallway at church. He could barely get the words out. He said he had been trying to talk to me for weeks. He tried to ask me put but only half of the words came out...poor kid. ;) So mid stutter I said, "you wanna take me out?" He said yes. I said pick up at this time, we'll go here. 


After a couple months of dating,  this boy...
his name is Andy, had become such a happy positive energy and influence in my life. He was so happy to see me. Made me his priority. he was so full of life.  And that was it. I was his. And he was mine. He became my best friend and my biggest fan. 

He had a gorgeous ring made for me, planned a trip to California, and purposed late one night on the beach, with our favorite song playing. He made a rose petal pathway that turned into a circle, lit with candles. We danced. I was panicking. I knew what was going to happen. He got down on his knees, said some mushy sweet words, and asked if I would be his forever. I said of course! And that was that! 

Its so funny, you hear people say I love you more today than I didn't so many years ago...it's 100% true. I knew I really liked Andy...loved him even. But its almost comical to think back then that I said I loved him more than anything...because TODAY my love for him is more than I have ever loved anything. Love is SO much more than attraction and fun and excitement. Its defiantly the start of it...but the years and experiences and trials and hard times and commitment shown at the very worst times ...THATS love. 

I will always be grateful and love that 21 year old boy that pulled over and fixed my car. The boy that brought happiness and life back into my days. The boy that didn't take no for an answer, because so many days I tried to tell him he deserved more than a single mother. He was so young, yet so amazing, to see ME and love ME and not see just my situation. And dang it all he loved my babies. He played with them, let them put barrettes and bows in his hair, he watched movies with them and would even rock my babies to sleep for me. I will never forget the night I walked out of one babies room from putting her to sleep, only to find my sweetheart rocking my tiny baby with her bottle in my rocking chair. He was so calm and sweet and loving. I knew he was the one.
 There would be NO ONE better.  



And when my dad was late to our wedding, he sat next to me calmly assuring me he would make it. And when the power went out in the entire city on our wedding day, and we had an ice cream wedding cake, he didn't sweat it. We just cut the cake earlier than expected. And when on that same wedding day, my two year old daughter fell in the pool because she was trying to get a floating flower, he jumped in, tuxedo, shoes and all, to save my precious baby, the one he fell in love with first. 
  
Thats when I knew... I was right. 
There is NO ONE better for me. 






No comments:

Post a Comment