Wednesday, September 23, 2015

i want to be invisible...

"I want to be invisible"...my daughter said tonight. Twice. Where on earth did she get that from?! My heart broke. I cuddled her in arms and told her why she is so important to our family. After a little while, she believed me and was good as new.

 "Uuuuugh! I just can't do it! I'm going to freak out!"  another daughter said. I asked why...she said she is almost out of tooth paste and is so frustrated!  I reminded her that her amazing mom has extra tooth paste in our storage and she can get some.

"Please mommy please! I really just can't go to school tomorrow! I can't do it anymore!" I am so proud of you for going to school, baby.  If you don't go you won't learn.  Maybe I'll come help in your class tomorrow.


"Mom...I've got it bad. I really really really like him." I giggle. "Its not funny! Okay well it kinda is."


"Mom, can you teach me about evolution?" Yes, lets chat about it for 36 minutes right as it is bed time and your other sisters are going bananas. Yes, I gave a full lesson on the theory of evolution to my 12 year old.


"MOM! listen! I finally got my fingers right! I can play the song!" Show me baby! Good job! I'm so proud of you! Okay tomorrow we can work on the next one.


"Mom, can you do my homework for me...I"m just so tired from today?" Come on, I'll help you. You are SO smart...we can get this done fast. Here are a few candy corn to get you motivated. ;) ;) ( love those little buggers.)


"Hi sister _. We are just calling to confirm that you will have dinner for the missionaries tonight." Yep! I'm on it. Wait! Something pops up ( imagine that) I can't deliver the meal. I call a pal and ask if she can deliver it for me. Lovely girl says she can, my kitchen just became CUT THROAT kitchen with 30 mins to prepare meal. I got this.

"We love this yard! And the kitchen is great!!" "Well, I have to tell you, there have been two other offers already made. You would be the third."  Poop.


"Her eye is really red." "its really itchy." "lemme look at it," i said hmm whats that...  "its a growth."  "No, sweetie thats just part of her eye." "Wait , I wanna see it!" No, its just part of your eye.  "Wait I have a GROWTH!"  NO! its not a growth. Good night.


Hey, babe. Whatever it is you need to do to get ready for me...please do it. Because we are "hanging out" tonight.  (insert shoulders falling here.)


I am exhausted. By the end of most nights I am in cruise control, scooping every last bit of patience and energy I have to make sure each day with these girls is great. But, this is a typical day. Everyone seems to need a piece of mama, am I right? This is actually a tiny fraction of the conversations I have with my babes. I know I'm not alone in this. The amount of energy and emotions that have been shown around my house lately has me running to sees candy much too often.
And the most strange weird crazy lunatic  thing about it all...I wouldn't want it to change. If it changes then they might not EVER talk to me. I know I am the most important most trusted most relied upon person to these four girls...and that big man of mine. Why on earth wouldn't I want that? That has been my goal from day one...I just didnt know it would be so exhausting.  ;)

oxox






No comments:

Post a Comment