Tuesday, September 1, 2015

mac and cheese...

okaaaaaaay! 
 This is the BEST mac and cheese I have ever made!! Like I have said before, I have practiced and played around for YEARS with my family for the BEST mac and cheese recipe. Lets just say my family LOVES it!!

I start with butter. 4 tablespoons. Melt it.

Then add 1 1/4 cups of whole milk. 
(if you feel its a little to thick you can add 1/4 cup of milk more...we like it thick!)
Add 4 tablespoons of flour. 
Whisk these beauties together.
Then add the cheese! I put 2 cups of cheese in right here. I have done all cheddar (FAVE!!!)
and i have done the fiesta mix or whatever that you can buy at costco and thats amazing, too. I have also tried half fiesta mix and half gouda...my family was half and half with this. I thought it tasted watered down (??) 
 Then add 1/2 a teaspoon of salt. Mix this up and add your macaroni. 
I usually use two boxes of Wild Oats organic penne and it is coated well :)
I add pepper after and duuuuuude. Its delicious!


Please let me know if you try this!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment