Thursday, September 17, 2015

you win some and you loose some...and then mom makes pancakes...

I'm telling you...it STINKS to watch your child not win. To NOT get something they worked so hard for. Watching them put their all into something,watching them reach deep inside for the confidence needed. To put themselves on a stage and say Hi. This is me. Do you like me enough? Because lets face it, thats pretty much all it is. So watching your child get told time and time again, "NO," pretty much makes me wanna puke. Because that special human is MINE. I see all the great in her. I see all the joy and love and smart and kind in her. Because I know all the things she could bring to the table. All the happiness she can bring to lives. So watching my child walk away with a broken heart and a fake smile saying,  "I'm alright. No big deal. There is always next time," stinks. I can't help but have a tear for them. I can't help but let feel my heat break for them.


BUT watching them try and try again is  more than amazing. So when my gorgeous daughter wanted to be elected for a  club presidency, I was on pins and needles. A little speech, a ballot vote. A day to count the votes up. (no hanging chads allowed) And then the news...I'm telling you when I heard that my darling was MADE the club presidency I was SO happy for her! SO happy for a win! So happy that she felt happy! SO proud that my daughter didn't give up. That she kept trying. That she didn't take no for an answer. That when she WAS told no, her mind and heart and spirit said, try try agin. That she didn't crumble, but that she really did see that there would always be something else great in her path. I'm SO happy for her, for her character. I'm so happy  I think I'll make pancakes for breakfast...in the shape of an S. Because you know what?! She deserves it!

1 comment:

  1. She does deserve it (and so do you). Thanks for sharing. I can definitely relate. :)

    ReplyDelete