Monday, September 14, 2015

home, home at last...

I have a vinyl quote hanging in my home that says, 

"And each heart is whispering, home, home at last."

The beauty and comfort those simple words say to my heart have stuck with me for so long.

When I first read it at the store, I thought of a person who had been gone for a long amount of time that finally had arrived back at home. How they must feel to drop their things and feel the rush of peace and comfort. How maybe a family that hasn't seen that person might rush to them and hug and smile and greet them with love. How that might make a soul feel.
 I bought it.

I was so excited to put that "feeling" in my home. To see those words and think of that scene when I read them. That glorious amount of joy and love on my wall.

After I put it up I stood back and read it. Over and over and over.
A new scene came into my mind.

Almost every day we leave our home. We leave the people we love the most and do other things outside of our home. Outside of our safety walls. We go to work, school, run errands, help and neighbor, etc etc. At some point we all return. We return to our warm/cooled of  homes. Even if it is 105* outside and our home is set to a cool temperature of 74* we still feel a warmth inside. At least thats what I hope for my home. We walk through the doors knowing we are safe. Loved. Taken care of. We have food and drink, we have comfortable clothes to change into. We have things in our home that bring comfort like a special blanket or a chair we like to sit in and read. We have photos all round us reminding us, without even thinking, that we belong. we are loved. We are part of something important and special and its a big deal. Each one of us are a big deal to this home.

I imagine each of our hearts whispering ever so quietly, Home. I am Home at last. Even though it might have been just for the afternoon. Just for a short amount of hours. Each time we come through the doors, our hearts and souls have a sense of peace and comfort and are so glad to be home,  right where they belong.  






No comments:

Post a Comment