Tuesday, September 8, 2015

isn't it about time...

Just a quick thought today.

My oldest daughter sometimes looses her cool with her younger sisters. They adore her and want to play with her all the time!! But being a teenager, a lot of times barbies is the LAST thing she wants to play with. And listening to little girl talk isn't on her agenda for the day. 

But sometimes, her wise mama ;) tells her when she feels the most frustrated with her sisters, the best thing to do is spend a little time with them. But wait! Thats exactly whats she DOESN'T want! Obedient as she is, she pulls out the nail polish. Something she loves AND they love. She takes them individually and paints their nails...sometimes 10 different colors. And when she is finished, each girl walks away with happiness in their hearts. Happiness that she took time with them, and happiness that they are important to their big sister. 

The best part of it all is that SHE feels closer to them and happier. She feels like she has spent time with them and now they are off on their own. 

It is the same with me...being a mom. I feel like a better person and a happier person when I spend time with each of my children. Somedays I really need time away from all the demands my family has for me. But when I take just a little bit of time for them,  read them a story or listen to their dream they had or cuddle them while watching a 30 minute television show, they feel loved. And wanted. And I feel peace and satisfaction that I did good today. That my children love me. And that fills my cup to the brim. 



No comments:

Post a Comment